The Comfort Zone...

Wednesday 9 May 2007
Justify being a Doormat.

Abused. A Victim.

A Perpetrator. A Predator.

It can be done...

That said- you can justify being a Bitch, a Drunk, a Hopeless Mother, a Failure, Hopeless. Anyone can justify themselves if they don't see the truth behind their actions.

Why they do the Things they do.

Even Paedophiles must do it. Wife-beaters. Alcoholics. Kids who won't eat their vegetables.

Husbands who won't listen when their wife is crying out...

You can justify why you feel hard done-by without having done Anything to ensure change. You can stay in the comfort zone where it's safe. If you can stand it. Even when it's Not safe. Even when you hate it. Even when you know it's the Last place you know you should be.

You stay.

And you stay...

Because you Know it.

It's familiar. It's easy- even when it's fucking hard.

I don't want to fail at This. But what's Worse? Failing Myself or failing my Kids?

Stupid Bitch...

Have I failed or has He? Haven't I tried my fucking Hardest? Don't I deny myself most of the time? Or do I just pretend or like to think that I have?

Just writing this Shit makes me feel worse. I haven't even said anything really.

Except for this...

We're both to blame.

Labels:

 
Bitter & Twisted 10:42 pm, |

3 Comments:

Its funny how justifying staying is so much easier than justifying leaving....
  At 12 May 2007 at 14:37 Anonymous Anonymous said:
Yep...I agree with that....
  At 13 May 2007 at 07:23 Anonymous Anonymous said:
You're both right...

xx